Monday, July 16, 2012

Fresh Vegetables


The best food for your family is home made.  Even better than home made.... home grown!

This is our second year having a garden.  It's amazing!  I'm so proud of it.  I should say we, it's Paul's garden (my husband).  We have a pretty big area out behind the garage, maybe 12' x 12'.  When the tomatoes turn red it's going to be a canning situation.  I over planted those. Each year is a learning experience.  This year we started from seeds.  Most of them didn't turn out and we had to purchase more plants.  The carrots are from seed and they are great.  We'll have pumpkins and watermelon in the fall.  And our corn is getting pretty tall.

It's so cool to walk out to the garden and pick beans for dinner.  Can't get any fresher than that!  I've made roasted zucchini baby food with all the zucchini.  I plan on making a ton more.  I'd love to make pickles but Luna eats the cucumbers as cool as they are picked.

 Fresh sweet strawberries

A peak from early summer, before everything became over grown.


If you ask Luna where a carrot comes from she says "Daddy's garden".  That's the best part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment